Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Put it in your pocket


So, the other day, the day before Thanksgiving, Margaret came around about 3:00 letting people know they could go home early.  It had turned into a pretty slow day so it was a nice gesture.  Noreen couldn’t leave.  She had to wait for her husband to get off since they ride together.  Then she told us that Sherry was stuck up front covering the phones, so she was going to have the chance to leave early today.  I agree.  Good move.  Very considerate.
John was also given the opportunity to leave early the other day.  But since he and Jackie ride together, he somehow also gets to leave early today.  Sherry’s inability to take advantage of the early release offer warrants her leaving early today.  John, however, wasn’t unable to take advantage of it.  He could have left early.  He chose not to.  So why does he get to reschedule that offer? 
Okay, okay, maybe I’m just bitter because I want to go home early today and still get paid, but I think I have a good point.  And for those who aren’t convinced that I should be remotely upset about this, a few minutes ago, he stood up from his chair and gave a stretch with a long sigh.  He turned to me and said, “Looks like you’re gonna be stuck here ‘til 4:30 today, huh?” Yep, looks that way.  What the fuck kind of comment is that?  Just rubbing in the fact that he took advantage of a nice offer by putting it in his pocket and saving it for another day.  It’s what he is so fond of referring to as, “Rude.” Listen, fucker, I know you get to leave early today.  I tune into every conversation on levels you can’t even imagine.  C’mon, baby tomato, ketchup. 
The Update:
John left at 3:00 on the dot.  En punto.  He told me that if I needed anything up until 4:00 to call him at Jackie’s extension as that would be where he is spending this hour.  The question I have to ask at this point is, “How is spending an hour sitting in Jackie’s cubicle on a Friday any different than it would have been on Wednesday.  Oh well, I’m ducking out at 4:00.  I win.   

No comments:

Post a Comment