Monday, September 3, 2012

Stolen Conversations


Sometimes I get snippets of conversations.  Out of context they are even more ridiculous than they were when I documented them.

Barbara: I called your counselor about that one class you didn’t know if you wanted to take.  What was it? – Language arts?
Pause while her youngest daughter talks on the other end.
Barbara: Don’t worry, you’ll do good.
[with reassurance like that, how could she not be?]

Barbara about her youngest daughter: Everyday she gives me a headache.  She’s such a brat.  I just hope I live long enough to see her have a family and kids and no money.  That’s all I ask.
[nothing could make a mother happier]

Margaret leaving early:  I’m out for the day, I have a visitation to go to.
Peon: Whose?
Margaret: Janet Doersky.  It starts at 6:00 but I want to get there before they start the rosary because I’m not a good catholic.
[I'd say she's got the hang of it]

John: “Our dog fell off the bed last night.”
Noreen: “Is that the end of the story or is there more to it?”
John: “No, that’s about it.  It was just funny.”
Noreen: “My son’s cat got run over this weekend.”
Matt: “Jesus Christ.”
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment