Thursday, August 23, 2012

Time and time again


I understand being pleased with yourself after something you did in a rec-league softball game.  But when it comes out unprovoked and meaningless, why did you tell me?  Sure, you may be good, but tooting your own horn crushes the reliability of your information. 

And why is it that I can sit here and listen to your utterly pointless story for minutes on end while typing important emails or unimportant ramblings and respond like a normal human being.  And then, when I start to talk about something work related, your eyes lock on your computer allowing your ears to pick up every third word.  I have to say almost everything twice.  Once to the side of your head, and then once to your face several seconds later after you turn to me and say, “What?”  We work in close quarters.  Please allow for more conversational plasticity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment