Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yes, ma'am


I will never get to the point where I am counting the weeks until my significant other is done being upset with me.  Especially when it is over something as trivial as a couple of extra wedding guests.  Well, fuck weddings in the first place.  I don’t want to be the official center of attention. 
John just told me that last night he was planning to get his tux.  He got in the car with Jackie after work and “asked if [he] could still get [his] tux.”  She debated silently for a moment and then allowed it.  Five minutes later, she said, “Just take me home.” 
He actually asked if he was allowed to get his tux.  I will never again be with a person who feels the need to control me like that.  I don’t know, maybe I just lucked out. 
He said Jackie just called him and told him that the more she thinks about it, the more upset she gets.  I was tongue-to-the-teeth ready to make fun of what she said when he added, “Which is cool, I just need to be very—attentive.”  That’s a good way to go through life.  Whenever you and your wife disagree, just give her space until she is ready to accept you again. 
People will tell you that all women are like that.  If they get upset they just need time (and control).  But it’s not true.  There is somebody out there that will let you have a little power. 
He just said, “Jackie is going to let me get my tux tonight.”  Jesus Christ.  She doesn’t own you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment