Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pete and Repeat

I didn’t ask him about the baby this morning because I would find out soon enough.  It looked to me like I missed the first opportunity as I turned the corner into the office.  I saw Barbara talking to him and knew she had been asking about the baby.  I took an extra long time getting my water bottle out of the fridge so I could avoid hearing the last half before the first.  Not that I didn’t want to spoil it.  I already knew the end.  A baby girl.  A new niece for him.  That’s all I need to know.  Don’t care about the weight or height (length?).  The only question I want answered is if she has all her digits.  And if she doesn’t, I don’t need to know.  I didn’t even like hearing about the birthmark behind her ear and how black it was.  “At least it’s not on her face,” seems to be the common reaction.  I’m going to hear the story multiple times today.  One coming up in about 15 minutes when my boss gets here.  They are all women and they all have children or are pregnant.  Know who loves hearing about babies?  Women who have children or are pregnant.  They’ll stop by all day for whatever reason.  I’m sure word has made it through the office.  He probably spread it.  He loves talking about family and friends and his life that seems more exciting to him than it is.  It’s not his fault.  His thresholds are just a little lower.  Wow.  I sound like an asshole.  He likes it.  Good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment